Thursday 19 September 2013

Me Me Me

One of my earliest memories is being dragged to school kicking and screaming because I didn't want to wear what my Mum had dressed me in...OK maybe not kicking and screaming, I have always wavered on dramatic but there were definitely tears, and a Minnie mouse t-shirt.

A few short years later I spent my birthday money on a shell suit *hangs head in shame* and adored it.This was the early nineties so I can be forgiven?! I loved every inch of that scratchy polyester two-piece and I am pretty sure it was prized off me to be washed equaling more tears. Through my teenage years I would do my Nan's ironing so I could order clothes out of her catalogue and god bless her, being the wonderful nan she is, she would always let me order items before a floral skirt had even hit the ironing board....

I had the usual arguments growing with my parents over clothes, apparently wearing a boob tube and Adidas popper trousers ( I looked up to Mel C - what can I say) wasn't acceptable and
 'I wasn't going out like that so get changed...NOW'  ( Dad )
Off i sulked putting a jumper on over the top of said boob tube, although admittedly it was taken off as soon as I was around the corner....
 Mum would often make the mistake of trusting me to pick sensible clothes without her.
 ' Deanne I'm trusting you to get a school coat, something sensible please that will be warm'
I came home with a paper thin TopShop Cream Jacket that cost fourty quid and I loved it although yes, admittedly I was very cold that winter.
Many would think Mum would of learnt her lesson but being the lovely women she is, she trusted me to pick shoes for my first job as a waitress.
'Deanne I'm trusting you to get shoes, something sensible please, you will be on your feet all day'
New Look platform Shoes with 6 inch heels. Suffice to say. I didn't make a very good waitress.

Fast forward many years and I still adore clothes and whats even better is I now have my own money to make non sensible choices with, although I also have a husband who must be the only man who doesn't fall for 'oh this old thing? I've had it years darling'.....

What are your early memories of fashion? and please show a raise of hands if you too owned a shell suit.....

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10546293/?claim=tzdhrwtpu7y">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment